Six-Month Equine CVI – Health Certificate Online

Beginning in 2019, GlobalVetLINK (GVL®) will offer a new Extended Equine Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (EECVI) digital solution.

The new EECVI program will replace the current GoPass® six-month equine passport, but overall functions similarly. GVL GoPass certificates may be written until December 31, 2018, and will be valid six months after creation where applicable (participation varies by state).


Extended Equine Health Certificates

  • CVI lasts up to six months
  • Paperless process
  • 24/7 owner portal access
  • Greater participation nationally

Learn more about the new EECVI program here.

Free EECVI Webinar – 1 Hr CE

Animal Health Officials Introduce New Extended Equine Health Certificate Program

November 7, 2018  |  12:00 p.m. CST

Presented by Montana State Veterinarian Dr. Martin Zaluski and Wyoming Assistant State Veterinarian Dr. Thach Winslow.

Horse and trailer

Register for EECVI Webinar




While rules vary by state, traveling with horses often requires up-to-date Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVI / health certificates), sometimes current within the last month. Some state animal health departments allow veterinarians and horse owners the option of a six-month health certificate, as long as a current Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) / Coggins test has been provided.

GVL developed EECVIs to support the states that offer six-month health certificates with a digital solution. Through the GVL software system, veterinarians can create an EECVI online, submit it to their state animal health official electronically and provide owners with online access to retrieve their travel permits 24/7.

EECVI offers a better solution for frequent horse travelers to keep moving and stay compliant.

Find a Veterinarian Near You

Ask your veterinarian if they offer GVL EECVI for the convenience of traveling with horses. To find a veterinarian in your area, use our simple Find-A-Vet search tool. If your animal health practitioner is not listed, ask them to subscribe to GlobalVetLINK, or contact us to let us know the clinic name, contact and location.

Find a Veterinarian Near Me




© 2018 - GlobalVetLINK, LC. Patents Pending