GlobalVetLink is the leading digital animal health company. Over 180 million animals per year in the pet-wellness and the U.S. production animal food chain utilize GlobalVetLink’s blockchain health records for state, federal, and international health compliance.
As government regulations become more prevalent in the animal health industry, we continue to develop digital solutions in companion animal, equine and production animal industries that help ease the stress of compliance, while also assisting in disease traceability and data management.
Within the GlobalVetLink platform, users can digitally create and validate:
- Health certificates (certificates of veterinary inspection or CVIs)
- International health certificates
- Veterinary prescriptions (scripts)
- Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) or Coggins tests
- Extended Equine CVIs (6-month health certificates)
- Rabies vaccination certificates
- Veterinary Feed Directives (VFDs)
- ForSale documents (lemon law)
We also provide the leading vet diagnostic aggregation and data analysis solution, LabLink HIMS, for herd health management.
Compliant Digital Animal Health Made Easy
Simplified workflows with intuitive navigation and processes.
Built-in rules and requirements for quicker, more accurate work.
Digital signature technology prevents certificate fraud.
Cloud-based, mobile responsive platform for work from any device.
Meets FDA and USDA requirements and regulations (plus our CVIs are accepted by all US states).
Meet the Team
The GlobalVetLink team works with our customers daily to empower animal health stakeholders to quickly and accurately access, create, and submit animal health data and documentation.
Meet the Expert Council
The GlobalVetLink Expert Council is made up of licensed veterinarians and industry leaders who ensure that our platform and solutions offer the most value to the industry.
GlobalVetLink University offers free regulatory compliance education and practice for veterinary professionals.
GlobalVetLink, L.C. (GVL®) was founded and headquartered in Ames, Iowa in 1999 by Kevin Maher. His vision was to replace an antiquated paper-based animal health regulatory process with an official, secure digital software system that would be accessible real-time online.
In 2001, we became the first web-based software system in Florida to provide veterinarians, animal health authorities and animal owners with the legal documentation to transport animals both interstate and intra-state.
Since 2001, we’ve been providing online applications to enable veterinarians and animal health practitioners, state authorities, diagnostic laboratories and other animal health officials to build, access, and monitor animal movement records with ease and efficiency.
The first digital software applications available through GlobalVetLink were companion and food animal Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVIs), known as health certificates or eCVIs, which are a secure alternative to USDA APHIS 7001 forms, as well as Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) certificates, often referred to as Coggins.
Today, all U.S. states and territories accept GVL health certificates as official animal documentation. GVL’s product portfolio expands beyond EIA certificates and CVIs to include international health certificates, veterinary prescriptions, Veterinary Feed Directives (VFDs), Extended Equine CVIs (EECVIs, six-month equine health certificates, ForSale pet documents, and veterinary diagnostic results aggregation and analysis tools).
We are the nation’s leader in digital animal records with millions of animals transported within the U.S. using GlobalVetLink certificates. GVL users continue to improve their business processes, enhancing animal traceability, ensuring regulatory compliance and contributing to animal wellness and safety.
GlobalVetLink products and services are accessible through any device with access to a web browser, or through participating practice management software vendors. GVL continues to explore new opportunities to partner with industry leaders to provide innovative digital solutions for animal health.
- GlobalVetLink founded by Kevin Maher
- Digital Health Certificates (CVIs) introduced
- Digital EIA/Coggins Tests introduced
- Digital Veterinary Feed Directives (VFDs) introduced
- Secure Digital Signature technology introduced
- MyVetLink Animal Owner portal launched
- All 50 states accept digital CVIs from GlobalVetLink
- GlobalVetLink upgrades technology and launches new platform for users
- GlobalVetLink acquires Health Information Management System, LabLink HIMS
- Built in domestic movement requirements powered by SmartEngine
- National Merit Award for Interactive Marketing Tool from the National Agri-Business Marketing Association (NAMA)
- Technology Company of the Year Prometheus Award from the Technology Association of Iowa
- Digital Veterinary Prescriptions introduced
- GlobalVetLink digital EIAs accepted in Canada
- Software Company of the Year & AgTech Company of the Year Prometheus Award from the Technology Association of Iowa
- Transition to AWS (Amazon Web Services) to assist with data security and platform functionality
- Software Company of the Year Prometheus Award from the Technology Association of Iowa
- GlobalVetLink Platform Upgrade
- Extended Equine Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (EECVIs) launched
- Digital Rabies Vaccination Certificates launched
- GlobalVetLink EIA Tests Approved by USDA for New Guidance
- CEO of the Year Prometheus Award from the Technology Association of Iowa
- GVL Pet TravelPass for International Pet Travel launched
- GVL Pet TravelPass for Hawaii Pet Travel launched
- GlobalVetLink earns SOC2 Compliance
Join the GlobalVetLink Team
When you become a part of the GVL® team, you get a unique view into the Iowa technology community, as well as the animal health and agriculture industries.
With opportunities in coding and development, sales and marketing, business operations, product management, accounting and finance, customer service and communication, we are always looking for spirited individuals to grow our dynamic teams.